Student Private Accommodation
framecurve2 Student Accommodation

Back to Student Accommodation

Private Accommodation

Despite the large number of the places reserved for students in University residences, houses and flats, university accommodation is still very limited. For students who are not accepted in unversity housing another option is to board, either in a private house or flat.

In terms of a resolution by the Council of the University, every student in private lodgings shall become a member of the Private Students' Organization (PSO) and pay the membership fee. The PSO serves students, who do not live in University housing, to allow them a similiar social structure to that enjoyed by "res" students . There are 5 PSO wards. Which of the wards the student falls under depends on where his lodgings are situated and, with relevance to some wards, whether the student is male or female.

Private Wards:
Oude Molen

Students can enquire about private accommodation at Student Housing, Room 2014, Admin A, Tel: +27 21 808-2848.

Back to Top